Serving Patients in Maryland and Delaware
Did you know that at the age of 65, one in three adults has some hearing loss? However, a majority of the people who suffer from hearing loss are under age 65. To determine the level and severity of your hearing loss no matter what your age, you will need to undergo hearing testing, and the better the test, the better you will hear. Our tests go far beyond the basics, but we think you will be happy with the results.
At Sound Advice Hearing Aid Centers, we take the treatment of your hearing seriously, and we make finding a personalized hearing solution easy and affordable. We accept most insurances, we have 0% financing plans, and we offer a free two-week trial period for your new hearing aids.
Knowing the Cause of Your Hearing Loss Can Improve Your Treatment
Determining what caused your hearing condition is critical to determining your treatment. Many different factors can affect a person’s hearing sensitivity and perception. These factors include:
- Degeneration through aging or exposure to persistent loud noises
- Medications such as ototoxic chemicals that may affect hearing or balance
- Genetics, which can play a part in hearing loss in infants and other conditions
- Ear damage such as deafness caused by illness, trauma to the auditory nerve or damage to the inner ear
- Low-level noise exposure, such as the hum of machinery in a workplace
All of these hearing loss conditions create health and wellbeing problems that go far beyond the patient’s ears. People with impaired hearing ability often withdraw from social events, feel emotional stress, suffer from dementia, and experience imbalances which can lead to a catastrophic fall or accident.
Avant Hearing Testing
Since we at Sound Advice Hearing Aid Centers focus on making each patient’s hearing aid experience the best one possible, we have invested in the latest in technology for hearing testing. That’s why we use the Avant System. The Avant System provides Sound Advice customers with the following benefits:
- Saves Time. The Avant System allows us to provide patient diagnosis, hearing aid diagnostics, and maintenance, all on-site.
- Saves Money. Hearing aids require routine maintenance to function properly. The Avant System can often extend the life of your hearing aid.
- Improves Quality of Life. The Avant System enables thorough testing in a speedy manner to help get you up and running, the way you like it.
As you meet with one of our skilled hearing aid specialists, you will go through a series of tests so we can determine whether you would benefit from a hearing aid, and if so, what kind of device. Tests include the following:
- Video Otoscope. The Video Otoscope is an integral tool used in the Avant System. This tool allows the specialist and you, the patient, to look inside your own ear together. Now you can see what our practitioners see.
- Live Speech Mapping. This revolutionary process allows a practitioner to use the voice of a patient’s loved one or another person to create a customized visual “map” of a patients’ listening range. Instead of an unnatural set of sounds and scenarios, real-world examples of what a patient may actually experience can be the official testing stimuli. This helps in both the accuracy of the test and in creating a more comfortable testing environment.
- Hearing Loss Simulator. The Avant System provides a way for the spouse or any other family member to hear a simulated version of what the hearing impaired person is experiencing. This is a great way to develop shared coping with loved ones. It provides a greater understanding by allowing others to “walk a mile in the hearing impaired person’s shoes.”
- Hearing Maintenance & Optimization. Many factors like age, changes in amplification, and lack of cleaning can affect the function of a hearing aid. The Avant System also allows us to diagnose any issues and to clean, repair and/or adjust the hearing aid to ensure that they meet the manufacturer’s original specifications.
Sound Advice Hearing Aid Centers has locations all across Maryland and Delaware making it easy for our patients to find a location that is convenient for them. To make an appointment at the office nearest you, call the number on this page or use complete our contact form today.